Last Updated: Febuary 5, 2021
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use your personal information in relation to InSciCo websites, applications, products, services, events, and experiences that reference this Privacy Notice (together, "InSciCo" Offerings”).
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the “content” processed, stored, or hosted by our customers using InSciCo Offerings in connection with an InSciCo product or service. This Privacy Notice also does not apply to any products, services, websites, or content that are offered by third parties or have their own privacy notice.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect your personal information in the course of providing InSciCo Offerings to you.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We collect any information you provide in relation to InSciCo Offerings.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with InSciCo Offerings.
- Information from Other Sources: We might collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve InSciCo Offerings. Our purposes for using personal information include:
- Provide InSciCo Offerings: We use your personal information to provide and deliver InSciCo Offerings and process transactions related to InSciCo Offerings, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
- Measure, Support, and Improve InSciCo Offerings: We use your personal information to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop InSciCo Offerings.
- Recommendations and Personalization: We use your personal information to recommend InSciCo Offerings that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with InSciCo Offerings.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information. For example, we collect bank account information from InSciCo Marketplace sellers for identity verification.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to InSciCo Offerings via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
- Marketing: We use your personal information to market and promote InSciCo Offerings. We might display interest-based ads for InSciCo Offerings.
- Fraud and Abuse Prevention and Credit Risks: We use your personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, InSciCo, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for Which We Seek Your Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
How We Share Personal Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share personal information only as described below and with InSciCo.com, Inc. and the subsidiaries that InSciCo.com, Inc. controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions Involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, software, and content provided by third parties for use on or through InSciCo Offerings. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share information related to those transactions with that third party. For example, you can order services, software, and content from sellers using the InSciCo Marketplace and we provide those sellers information to facilitate your subscription, purchases, or support.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include: delivering InSciCo hardware, sending communications, processing payments, assessing credit and compliance risks, analyzing data, providing marketing and sales assistance (including advertising and event management), conducting customer relationship management, and providing training. These third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process that information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection law.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or services. In such transactions, personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the individual consents otherwise). Also, in the event that InSciCo or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Us and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or security of InSciCo, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.
- At Your Option: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Location of Personal Information
InSciCo Web Services, Inc. is located in the United States, and our affiliated companies are located throughout the world. Depending on the scope of your interactions with InSciCo Offerings, your personal information may be stored in or accessed from multiple countries, including the United States. Whenever we transfer personal information to other jurisdictions, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection law.
How We Secure Information
At InSciCo, security is our highest priority. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We maintain a wide variety of compliance programs that validate our security controls.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from InSciCo websites, applications, products, or services by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Internet Advertising and Third Parties
InSciCo Offerings may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and applications. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, or services.
Children’s Personal Information
We don’t provide InSciCo Offerings for purchase by children. If you’re under 18, you may use InSciCo Offerings only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of InSciCo Offerings, for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law (including for tax and accounting purposes), or as otherwise communicated to you. How long we retain specific personal information varies depending on the purpose for its use, and we will delete your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
If you have any concern about privacy at InSciCo or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
If you interact with InSciCo Offerings on behalf of or through your organization, then your personal information may also be subject to your organization’s privacy practices, and you should direct privacy inquiries to your organization.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice may also change. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. You can see the date on which the latest version of this Privacy Notice was posted. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all personal information we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of personal information collected in the past without informing affected customers and giving them a choice.